12 Days of Christmas Challenge :: HIIT Workout #7
Sometimes I just get a spontaneous idea and roll with it. Today that wild idea happened to be creating daily workouts leading up to Christmas, in hopes that we can all stay on track….or at least balance out all the holiday goodies 🙂 There are a few different ways you can do this challenge, you can go 12 days once through, you can do the 12 days and repeat them for 2 full rounds of the challenge up until Christmas, or you can do one workout every other day, spacing out the 12 workouts, up until Christmas!! I have so many options and modifications so there is something for everyone no matter what your fitness level – no excuses 🙂
As I was going through and recording the first workout, I decided to add on a recipe of the day – scroll down for today’s healthy recipe : Avocado Chocolate Chip Muffins
12 Days of Christmas :: Day 7
(50/10/30/10) – Cardio on the 30 sec round – 2x through
1. Alt. Step Ups (L/R)
2. 2x Bicep Curl, 2x Shoulder Press
3. Alt. Step Ups (L/R)
4. 2x Bicep Curl, 2x Shoulder Press
5. 2x Deadlift, 2x Alt. Lunge
6. 2x Bentover Row, 2x Bentover Fly
7. 2x Deadlift, 2x Alt. Lunge
8. 2x Bentover Row, 2x Bentover Fly
9. Ab Combo
- For the Muffins :
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled
- ½ cup sugar in the raw
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Streusel Topping (if adding) :
- 2 Tbsp. slightly melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar in raw
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Spray lightly with non stick cooking spray (I use a coconut oil spray).
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, flax seed and salt.
- In a large bowl, add avocado and beat until smooth. Add sugar and egg and beat until well blended. Add vanilla and yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Slowly beat in the flour in two additions and beat until just combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- TO MAKE STREUSEL :
- Mix ingredients together with a fork until combined and mixture is crumbly.