12 Days of Christmas Challenge :: HIIT Workout #2
Sometimes I just get a spontaneous idea and roll with it. Today that wild idea happened to be creating daily workouts leading up to Christmas, in hopes that we can all stay on track….or at least balance out all the holiday goodies 🙂 There are a few different ways you can do this challenge, you can go 12 days once through, you can do the 12 days and repeat them for 2 full rounds of the challenge up until Christmas, or you can do one workout every other day, spacing out the 12 workouts, up until Christmas!! I have so many options and modifications so there is something for everyone no matter what your fitness level – no excuses 🙂
As I was going through and recording the first workout, I decided to add on a recipe of the day – scroll down for today’s healthy recipe : Broccoli Bacon Salad
12 Days of Christmas :: Day 2
Set your timer to (40/10) – 1x through – total of 18 rounds
Beginners: Start with one time through each video. Go for another round if you feel able!
Advanced: Aim for 2x through or add on to your typical training day.
Couplet 1 :
1. 2x Pushup, 10 Mountain Climber
2. Surfer Burpee
3. Sumo Squat, Upright Row
4. Surfer Burpee
5. 2x Pushup, 10 Mountain Climber
6. Surfer Burpee
7. Sumo Squat, Upright Row
8. Surfer Burpee
9. Plank Hold OR Rest
Couplet 2 :
1. 3 Pt. Lunge (L/R)
5. 3 Pt. Lunge (L/R)
9. Plank Hold OR Rest
Ab Burnout : 1 minute each
1. Legs Up, Pulse to Toes
2. Reverse Curl, Crunch
3. Plank Spider Knees
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- ½ cup almonds chopped or sliced
- 6-8 slices turkey bacon, fully cooked, cooled & chopped
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- juice of one lemon
- juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt/pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, orange juice, honey, vinegar, and onions. Add the olive oil in a steady stream and whisk for a minute or two, until blended and creamy looking. Set aside.
- Rinse and finely chop the broccoli into small florets, adding to a large bowl as you go.
- Toss the broccoli with the, almonds, bacon, cheese, and dressing. Mix together until everything is evenly coated. Serve immediately or within a few hours of tossing.