12 Days of Christmas Challenge :: HIIT Workout #1
Sometimes I just get a spontaneous idea and roll with it. Today that wild idea happened to be creating daily workouts leading up to Christmas, in hopes that we can all stay on track….or at least balance out all the holiday goodies 🙂 There are a few different ways you can do this challenge, you can go 12 days once through, you can do the 12 days and repeat them for 2 full rounds of the challenge up until Christmas, or you can do one workout every other day, spacing out the 12 workouts, up until Christmas!! I have so many options and modifications so there is something for everyone no matter what your fitness level – no excuses 🙂
As I was going through and recording this workout, I decided to add on a recipe of the day – scroll down for today’s healthy recipe : Sweet Potato Turkey Chili – winner, winner chili dinner!!
12 Days of Christmas :: Day 1
Set your timer to (40/10) – 2x through
Beginners: Start with one time through each video. Go for another round if you feel able!
Advanced: Aim for 2x through or add on to your typical training day.
1. Walkout to Plank, Pushup, 10 High Knees
2. 3x Skater, 4x Plyo Lunge
3. Wide Step, Kickthrough (L/R)
4. 4x Line Jump, Tuck, Butt Kick
5. 2x Sumo Squat, 2x Sumo Jump
6. 8x Lateral High Knees, Jump Forward, Back
7. Pushup – 2 Side Knee (L/R)
8. Squat Jumps
9. Wide Shuffle, Hit the Deck
10. 2x Plank Jack, 2x Ski Abs
11. Alt. Lunge – Arc (L/R)
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 med sweet potatoes, cubed
- ½ lb-1 lb ground turkey (if desired)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oils on medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, and turkey (if using). Add sweet potatoes until slightly softened and meat has browned. Sprinkle in seasonings. Add tomatoes, beans, and if chili is thick you can add water if needed. Simmer on low heat for 20-25 min or until sweet potatoes have softened and chili is cooked through.
- Enjoy!! xx