Last week I shared my first recipe for salads in a jar Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad. I found that it really helped me grab something healthy and quick, and just taking a little bit of time on the weekend to prep, saved me time throughout the week.
Here is a brand new recipe to help you stay on track this week. Lily is in a gardening class and brought home a small head of bok choy. Using it in this recipe was perfect, because I had about a cup of brussels sprouts to use up too. Not much goes to waste around here.
For added protein, add some chicken breast, tuna, or lean ground turkey or beef to your salad.
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded Bok Choy
- 1 large green apple, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ cup dried fruit
- For the Dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. poppyseeds
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chop off the stem of the Brussels sprouts. Put them through a food processor with the shredding blade attached. If you do not have a food processor, roughly chop the Brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl. Repeat with the Bok choy.
- Change the blade of your food processor to the julienne blade and add the apples, carrots, and celery to julienne.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine all of the ingredients to make the dressing.
- Divide the dressing in the bottom of 4 large mason jars. Layer the kale, carrots, apples, celery, dried fruit, and shredded Brussels sprouts/Bok Choy in the jars. Seal and store for meals throughout the week.