This weather has been unbelievable!! It has been great getting outside. Truth be told, the winter makes me pretty stir crazy so we have been enjoying a lot of walking, playing at the park, and grilling with friends and family!! Or as a Canadian friend of mine pointed out…BBQ’ing! 🙂
Which has given me the perfect excuse to bake a naughty treat….I love to bake and the pan comes home clean – Win, Win!! I have made these brownies a few times lately and they are relatively easy too. Make them, share them, enjoy the weather, and don’t feel guilty about indulging in one!!
My one tip is that when you get to the broiling step – make sure you watch them closely. Ain’t no one got time for burnt marshmallows!!
- Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls butter, melted
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 2 Hershey candy bars, broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownie batter. In a small saucepan over low heat melt the butter and whisk in the cocoa powder. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs, and mix until well combined. Stir in flour and salt until everything is well blended. Pour over baked graham cracker crust.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until brownies are almost fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.
- Top the brownies with marshmallows and broken pieces of candy. Return to the oven, and heat until marshmallows are golden brown (2-3 minutes). Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before slicing.
**Slightly modified from original recipe : S’Mores Brownies