OK – so two things happened last night….I made pound cake….AND I fell asleep after I took it out of the oven and forgot to take a picture!!
Soooooo…..I was going to do it now…..BUT the vultures kind of got to the cake today and there really isn’t much that can be salvaged to get a good picture!! #itiswhatitis I borrowed this one from the good ol’ World Wide Web because it looked similar and it’s always nice to have a picture to look at!
**Note : I actually cut this recipe in half and made on loaf pan’s worth – so technically I made a “Half Pound Cake”
- 1 lb (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour the pan (or spray with nonstick cooking spray). Recipe calls for a 10 inch tube or bundt pan but a 9x13 pan or 2 loaf pans would work too.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix together the milk and vanilla. Add dry and wet alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with dry. Mix by hand - just enough to blend thoroughly without excess beating.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted all the way down comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing.