This month of no refined sugar just seems to be dragging on right?! I hear ya. When you limit something or cut it out why is it the thing you want the most!! Murphy’s Law or something…lol.
Well, my friends, you are in luck!! This brownie recipe calls for NO sugar, NO flour, and NO dairy. I know what you are thinking…how is that even possible? or I bet they taste like crap? First of all – it is possible and second – they taste great!! Very fluffy and moist in fact. The only thing I think I would omit next time is the cinnamon – but that is a personal preference – so if you love chocolate and cinnamon then have at it!
- 1½ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup reduced sugar Maple Syrup
- 2 scoops of vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare sweet potatoes - poke with a fork and bake in the oven for 1 hour (or prepare ahead of time and store in fridge)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, adding the egg last.
- Spray a round pan or 8x8 pan with non stick cooking spray. After all ingredients have been mixed pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.