I pinned this recipe awhile back and have been dying to make these muffins!! The problem is my avocados were always TOO ripe or NOT ripe enough yet. #TheStruggleIsReal
So when I noticed that I had two avocados in prime condition for baking, I jumped on the opportunity. Now you might be thinking…avocados…in muffins?! I know…I was right there with ya. But these are AMAZING! Super moist and delicious. I think next time I might add protein powder to the recipe.
- For the Muffins :
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled
- ½ cup sugar in the raw
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Streusel Topping (if adding) :
- 2 Tbsp. slightly melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar in the raw
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Spray lightly with non stick cooking spray (I use a coconut oil spray).
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, add avocado and beat until smooth. Add sugar and egg and beat until well blended. Add vanilla and yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Slowly beat in the flour in two additions and beat until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries by hand.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- TO MAKE STREUSEL :
- Mix ingredients together with a fork until combined and mixture is crumbly.
The original recipe can be found here : http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/blueberry-avocado-muffins/