It has been one of those mornings. You know what I’m talking about. The kind where you find yourself so busy that you are sitting down to breakfast and you realize it’s already noon. The kind where you may or may not have nibbled on a doughnut while grocery shopping….had way too many cups of coffee…and you’re desperately trying to deal with a cranky toddler???
No? Well, that was pretty much my morning in a nut shell. So what better way to fix it then to procrastibake some banana bread. Protein packed banana bread at that. Life isn’t complete without banana randomness!
I have made this bread several times and it is usually because I buy WAY too many bananas at a time and baking seems like the most logical way to put them to use before they completely go bad. That or blended up in a smoothie. But that’s a different story for a different day…today was bread!
AND about the doughnut….I’m about to HIIT my workout…SO it’s essentially like that never happened…right?! 😉
- 3 cups oat flour
- ½ cup protein powder
- 2 tsps baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp flax seed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ coconut oil or canola oil
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray two 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl combine first seven ingredients.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in mashed banana. Then slowly stir in dry ingredients until incorporated.
- Divide batter between two prepared pans and bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.